It’s getting to that time of year where the days are getting colder and sometimes you need a really nice warming meal at lunchtime. Soup really beats a soggy sandwich on days like these and a filling satisfying one really hits the spot on a cold winter’s day.
My favourite soup is leek and potato I think because it is nice and thick it fills you up and you feel like you’ve had a good feed. I like to make a really big batch of soup and keep it in the fridge so I can reheat as required. Generally I take it to work and use the microwave, for some reason we don’t have a fully fitted kitchen in the office.
As I’ve just finished a very welcome bowl of this I feel I should share the recipe.
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 250g leeks (2-3)
- 600g potatoes
- 1l vegetabel stock
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, leek, celery and carrot
- Add in the potato pour int he stock
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft
- Blend until a smooth or chunky as you like
- Serve or keep to reheat later